Silverback Learning, Developer of Mileposts, Launches Parent Portal Solution For K-12 School Districts Nationwide
Solution Provides Parents Unprecedented Access To Student Learning Data, & Ability To Coordinate Personalized Intervention Strategies and Resources With Teachers
BOISE, Idaho, January 30, 2014 – Silverback Learning Solutions, an educator-founded technology company and developer of Mileposts, a results-driven student achievement solution installed in schools K-12 nationwide, today announces the launch of Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal, a comprehensive parent and student resource, which will be included in every subscription of Mileposts. The new solution provides parents with clear insights to their children’s available education assessment data and combines the expertise of local classroom teachers with learning goals of students to communicate prescribed interventions and helpful educational resources, to parents and students through one simple, secure interface that works on a variety of mobile devices. Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal is currently being rolled out to a limited number of K-12 districts in Idaho throughout the first quarter of 2014 and will continue to other districts using Mileposts across the nation for the remainder of the school year. Please click here to learn more about Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal.
“The evolution of digital connections between schools and parents has gradually progressed from email, newsletters, and calendars, to parent login access to attendance and grades, but parents want more, and teachers are welcoming it,” said Rudi Lewis, COO of Silverback Learning Solutions. “Parents and teachers form an indelible bond in supporting every student’s goals and dreams and our new solution represents a ground-breaking, next generation capability that brings personalized student assessment data and educational support history all into one shared view. Our parent portal will help parents develop a more fluid and dynamic relationship with teachers to create, measure and adjust personalized learning plans that help optimize a student’s achievement potential over the course of the year. This is an entirely fresh approach to collaborate on personalized student achievement, and we couldn’t be more excited about that.”
Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal Key Differentiators:
● The mission for Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal is bringing teacher, parent, and student together where achievement goals can be set and provide a clear plan of action, with responsibilities and accountability shared.
● Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal is available for activation at no extra charge in every school subscribed to the Mileposts Student Achievement Solution.
● Mileposts, with parent portal included, helps transform data to actionable information that all educational stakeholders can use to evolve a student’s “educational health” ￼journey.
● Mileposts, with the parent portal solution, can analyze and report student performance at the student, school, district, and state level in real time. This analysis allows teachers and parents to measure student achievement, monitor progress, drive targeted interventions and draw evidence on key components, decisions and curricula that are contributing to success in their students.
● Silverback Mileposts Parent Portal integrates with Gooru (www.goorulearning.org), the search engine for learning, to provide a wealth of helpful resources for teachers, parents, and students. Gooru allows users to customize content and personalize lessons to a student’s individual learning needs. This in combination with data analytics and insights based on students’ performance and effort provides a feedback loop between teacher, parent, and student to effectively differentiate learning and address learning difficulties as they occur.
● Over 16 million online K-12 resources are available on Gooru and millions of those are aligned to Common Core and State Standards. These resources including videos, interactive and digital textbooks can be organized into collections and shared with students in the classroom or as homework or as fun learning exercises driven within the family.
“Mileposts is helping us make a major improvement in our student’s educational success throughout our 20 schools,” said Scott Woolstenhulme, Idaho’s Bonneville School District Director of School Improvement & Technology. “Silverback Learning was founded by educators so they understand what we need and frankly built what we needed. Their new parent portal was something we had asked for and they listened. It was the missing piece of the puzzle for educators and it adds so much value to Mileposts. Now teachers, parents and students can easily understand strengths and weaknesses to provide data-informed interventions, guidance and evolve learning in the classroom over the entire school year. We empower students to be in charge of their own learning and now parents can be part of the loop in a more intrinsic way.”
About Silverback Learning Solutions
Silverback Learning Solutions is a company founded by educators to help fellow educators accelerate achievement in all students. Our award-winning student achievement solution, Mileposts, tightly knits individualized learning plans and interventions with curriculum and assessment, leveraging your existing investments in those areas so your schools can quickly become powerhouses of personalized learning. Mileposts is the first student achievement solution to provide over 16 million free digital resources and assessment items indexed to state standards via the Gooru search engine for learning. With Mileposts, teachers can quickly create assignments and interventions, monitor achievement, and gain insights to improve instruction to any group, subgroup, or individual student. We provide all of this in one cloud-based, value-conscious platform, quick and easy for teachers, administrators, students, and parents to access from any device. Please visit us at our new website www.silverbacklearning.com.
Cherie Le Penske
LP Group for Silverback Learning Solutions Cherie@lpgink.com
- YVC* Gooru Unit and Lesson Planning
- Gooru Newsletter
Posted: January 30th, 2014