Look around at any restaurant or mall and it’s easy to see: adults are always connected to their mobile devices. But as this technology becomes even more ingrained in our lives, what can we expect for our children? Studies show that – used wisely – technology can be an important part of their everyday lives as well.
Check out the infographic below to see how mobile technology is integrated into the lives of even the youngest kids.
A Few Takeaways
- Over 1/2 of children under 12 who use iPads use them for educational purposes.
- 10% of children under 1 use mobile technology, 39% of kids age 2-4, and by age 5-8, 54% of kids are using mobile technology.
- The majority of parents now agree that technology can be used for educational purposes, and they’re no longer as opposed to its use as they once were!
- While 46% of apps that are used by kids 12 and under, a whopping 42% of apps used are for learning math skills!
- Victims of the Education Sequester are Poor Children and Special-Needs Students
- LinkIt! Issues “Step Back, Leap Forward: A 2012-2013 Data-Driven Instruction Survey”
Posted: March 21st, 2013